About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Thimmanam


Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup  rice
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup grated coconut
  • 5 cups milk
  • Cardamom   3
  • Cashew nut
Preparation:


  1.   Soak rice for 2 hours in water.
  2.  After 2 hours drain  the water and grind the rice in to a smooth paste with sufficient water . 
  3.  Add grated coconut and cardamoms while grinding the rice half way.
  4.  Heat milk in a thick bottom vessel, add sugar in it.
  5.  Mix the rice and coconut paste slowly  when the milk coming to boil. 
  6. Now stir  continuously on low flame till the past come to thick. 
  7. Decorate the Thimmanam with fried  Cashew and Kismis. 
  8. Thimmanam is ready to eat. 
  9. It will be very delicious in taste. 



3 comments:

  1. We will prepare it today and let you know how it turns out.

    Sravan

    ReplyDelete
  2. when it will become thick past put off the stove

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are also planning to do it today. .

    ReplyDelete