About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday 14 April 2011

MASALA DOSA

filling
 Masala ingredients
  • 3 large potatoes ( cooked)
  • 1 medium onion (chopped)
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • 1/2tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1-2 green chili
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 table spoon masala powder
  • salt to taste


      1. Heat oil. tampering with mustard seeds and cumin seeds add  onions,turmeric and masala.
      2. Fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat until onions are turned into golden brown.
      3. Add smashed potatoes and salt mix well and cook for 5 mints.
      Dosa batter 
        • 1 1/2 cups rice
        • 1/2 cup urad dal
        • salt to taste
        • Oil 
        1. Wash rice and dal.
        2. Soak rice and urad dal at least 2 hour or overnight in water. Remove from water.
        3. Grind to paste.
        4.  Add sufficient water to make medium thick batter. Add salt and mix well
        5. Leave  overnight..
        6. Heat pan or griddle with little  oil.
        7. Spread the batter on pan in circular motion to make thin Dosa.
        8. Add filling inside Dosa and roll.  Masala dosa is ready to serve with chatni
        masala dosa

        No comments:

        Post a Comment