About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Saturday 30 July 2011

Kulcha

Ingredients

  • Maida                   1cup ( all purpose flour)                
  • Besan (gram flour)1cup
  • Wheat                   2 cups
  • curd                      3 tsp
  • Onion                   1 cut into small pieces
  • Green chili            3 cut into small pieces
  • Til seeds               5 tps
  • Ginger small piece cut into small pieces
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil + Ghee          1\4 cup
  • Soda bicarbonate1/4 tsp
Procedure
  1. Take  Maida, Besan, wheat  salt, sodium bi carbonate and curd in a bowl.  
  2. Add enough water to make smooth dough. 
  3. Let the dough rest for 1 to 2 hours, covered with a damp cloth.
  4. Divide the dough into 6-8 portions and shape them into balls. 
  5. Roll out these balls on a lightly floured surface, into 5 inch rounds.Brush lightly with oil.
  6. Spread onion pieces, chili piece and til seeds. Press slightly.
  7. Preheat oven to 220 degree C..Place kulchas on a greased baking tray. Bake them for 6-8 minutes.
  8. Brush kulcha with ghee or butter and serve hot with
OR

Alternatively you can also cook kulcha in tandoor or griddle (tava) like chapathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment