About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Saturday 7 July 2012

Rice Ravva ( Sojji ) Pulihora



Ingredients
  • Rice suji (ravva)         2cups
  • water                        5 cups
  • Tamarind pulp            1cup
  • Turmeric                    1 pinch
  • Oil                             5tsp         
For Seasoning
  • Red chili                            2
  • Bengal gram dal              1tsp
  • Ground nuts                     3tsp                                       
  • mustard seeds                 1/2tsp
  • urad dal                             1/2tsp
  • Cumin seeds                     1tsp
  • Green chili                         1
  • Curry leaves
Procedure
  1. Boil water in a thick bottom vessel, add salt, turmeric powder , oil 2tsp and rice suji. Mix well.
  2. Cook it on low flame till the suji becomes  soft. 
  3. Remove from flame and pour the  cooked sujji in a big plate and allow it t0 cool,
  4. Heat oil in a pan and seasoning with  ground nuts, Bengal gram dal, urad dal,mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chili, green chili and curry leaves.
  5. Add this  to the cooked suji and maneavour  with your fingers, so that there are no lumps in cooked soji.
  6. Heat tamarind pulp till the pulp becomes medium thick. Add the pulp to the suji and mix well. Settle it for 30 minutes.
  7. The rice ravva pulihara is ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment