About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday 4 April 2011

MANGO RICE



Ingredients
  •  cooked white rice          2cup
  •  turmeric powder            1tsp
  •  peeled and grated raw green mango 1cu Channa Dal                   1tsp
  •  Urad Dal                       1tsp
  •  mustard                         1tsp
  •  curry leaves
  •   Red cihilles                   3
  • Green chillies                  3to4
  • Salt to taste
  •  Ground nuts                   5tsp
  •  Oil                                5tsp

Procedure
  1.  Cook rice and kept it aside.
  2.  Heat oil in a pan. Add ground nuts fry till they become golden colour . Add  Channa Dal, urad dal, red chillies and fry them till they splutter..
  3. Now add  green chillies, turmeric and curry leaves.
  4. Add  the cooked rice , grated mango  and salt to this and mix well. Keep it aside  for 15 mintes..
  5.  Mamidikaya pulihora/ Mango Rice is ready to serve. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment