About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday 1 August 2011

Masala Upma


Ingredients
  • Sooji                                                        1 cup
  • Onion                                                      ¼ cup(Chopped)
  • Chopped carrot,beans                          1cup
  •  green peas                                            ½ cup
  • Cashew nut (option)                            10 nos
  • Oil                                                           3 tsp
  • Water                                                     4 cups
  • Crushed garlic                                        ½ tsp
  • Turmeric powder                                   ½ tsp
  • Ghee (option)                                            1 tsp 
  • Salt  to taste
For Seasoning
  • Mustard seeds                                    ½ tsp 
  • Urad Dal                                              1 tsp 
  • Channa Dal                                          1 tsp 
  • Green chilli                                          3 no.s   
  • Curry leaves 
  • oil                                                          4 tsp

    Procedure

    1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel, seasoning with mustard, channa dal, urad dal, green chilli, ginger pieces and curry leaves.
    2. Add water, allow the water to start boiling, add vegetable pieces, salt, crushed garlic and turmeric powder. Mix well.
    3. Cook until the vegetables becomes  soft. 
    4. Then add the  suji slowly stirring continuously (if you do not do this the suji will form lumps). Mix well. 
    5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover for two3 minutes. Put off the stove. 
    6. Serve with chatni or ketch up

No comments:

Post a Comment