About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday 14 March 2011

KALAGAYAPULUSU OR MUKKALAPULUSU


Ingredients


Bottle gourd                  1big cup (pieces)
Bhendi  (Ladies finger)  10 ( cut into  pieces)
Pumpkin                       1big cup pieces
Brinjal medium size        ( cut into  pieces)               
Drumsticks                   2 fresh sticks
Small onions                 4to5
Green chillies               3( cut into  pieces)
Tamarind pulp (Thick)  One cup
Rice powder                2 tbs
Jaggery or sugar to taste
Salt to taste
Turmeric                      a Pinch
Veg.  oil -                    1 Tsp
Whole red chillies         4
Mustard seeds              1 tsp
Cumin                           1 tsp

Preparation

  1. Clean and chop all the vegetables into big pieces, slit green chilies.
  2. Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel and tempering with mustard cumin,red chilli and green chilli . Now add tamarind pulp,salt , turmeric,  jaggery.  Add veg. Pieces and cook them on medium heat.  Cook till the vegetables are become soft. Add sufficient water to cook vegetables
  3. Mix rice powder  in half cup  cold water ,add it the cooked vegetables, mixwell  and  cook for 2 minutes,   remove from heat.
  4.  Your delicious Kalagayapulusu is ready to eat.
  5. Serve with rice or Hot pongal.

No comments:

Post a Comment