About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Friday 15 April 2011

Mukka avakaya mukkalu



Ingredients
  • Raw mangoes        2
  • Mustard seeds       1/4 cup
  • Salt                      1/8 cup
  • Jagger y               1/2 cup
  • Turmeric powder.1tsp
  • Mirchi powder      3to4 tsp

Procedure

  1. Wash the raw mangoes well and wipe it nicely with a cloth and let it dry for a minute. Cut them in to small pieces
  2. Grind mustard seeds into fine powder. Take it in a bowl. Add salt, mirchi powder, crushed jaggery and mix well. 
  3. Add mango pieces to this mixture.Keep it for 1 day.
  4. Next morning juice comes out of the mango pieces. Mix well.
  5.  Now it is ready to eat.This pickle is temporary for 1 month. 
  6. Take with rice or tiffins like  upma etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment