About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Bitter gourd curry


Ingredients
  •         Bitter gourd            1\4 kg (cut into small pieces)
  •         Tamarind  pulp           1\2 cup  
  •          Jaggery  or sugar    lemon size
  •          Onion                    3 (cut into small pieces)
  •         Oil                         3tbs
  •         Turmeric                1\4 tsp
  •          Red chili powder    1 spoon
  •          Rice powder           2 tbs   
  •        Salt to taste
For seasoning

·              Cumin seeds           ¼ tsp
·             Mustard seeds         1\4 tsp
        Oil 1tbs                    1tsp

·         Procedure

1.       Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel and seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds.
2.       Add onion and fry till they become light brown.
3.       Add bitter gourd pieces and continue to fry for 5 minutes. 
4.       Now add tamarind juice, jaggery,  salt, red chillie powder and turmeric powder.
5.       Add sufficient water to Cook until bitter gourd pieces become soft.
6.       Add rice flour mixed in a little water in a cup and add it to the curry and mix well.
7.       Cook for 2 minutes.
8.       Serve with rice.
     


No comments:

Post a Comment