About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday 19 May 2011

Pototo, Onion curry



Ingredients
  • Boiled potatoes  big size        5 (cut into pieces)
  • Big onion                             1 (cut into pieces)
  • Tomato                                 1 (cut into pieces)
  • Gram flour                          2 tbs
  • Turmeric powder                   1\4tbs
  • Chili powder                          1spoon
  • Salt to taste
for seasoning
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 2 green chillies
  • 1 spoon oil
  • curry leaves
Procedure

  1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel and seasoning with mustard, cumin, green chili and curry leaves. 
  2. Pour 3 cups of water, potatoes, onion, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt, mix well.
  3. Cook till onion becomes soft. 
  4. Now take gram flour in a cup and add little water and mix well. 
  5. Add this to potatoes  and mix well. Again cook for 3 minutes.
  6. Serve this with roti, poori, upma.

No comments:

Post a Comment