About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Potato with coriander


Ingredients

  •         Boiled potatoes      4 cut into pieces
  •          Coriander leaves    1\2 cup
  •          Green chili               3
  •          Salt to taste
  •          Gram flour               2tbs
  •          Turmeric                   little
  •          Mustard seeds          ½  spoon
  •          Cumin seeds             ¼  tsp 
  •          Green chili                 4
  •          Curry leaves
  •         Oil                               2 spoons
Procedure

1.       Grind  coriander leaves, green chili in a grinder and keep it aside.
2.       Heat oil in a cooking vessel, seasonig with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
3.       Add 3 cups  water, boiled  potato pieces, salt, coriander paste, and turmeric powder.
4.       Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes
5.       Take gram flour in a small cup and add half cup water and mix well.
6.       Add  this water to the curry and mix well, cook for another 3 minutes.
7.       Serve with roti or  upma or puri.

       The curry can be prepared substituting coriander leaves with  ginger (paste) also. The procedure is same.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment