About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Saturday 14 May 2011

Ravva Upama

Ingredients

  •  coarse rava 1 cup
  •  onion, medium, finely chopped (option)
  •  water           3 cups
  •  ghee             1spoon
  • cashewnuts    5 to 6

For Seasoning

  • vegetable oil               2to3 tsp           
  • chana dal (split bengal gram) 
  • urad dal (black gram) 11\2  tsp
  • mustard                      1/2 tsp
  • green chillies               2 (finely chopped)
  • Ginger                        small piece, chopped
  • curry leaves
Procedure
  1. Heat oil in a thick bottom vessel.
  2. Seasoning with urad dal, mustard seeds, chana dal, green chillies, curry leaves and ginger. 
  3. Add water and salt. (onions also). when the water comes to boil add rava slowy ( keep stove in low  flame) Mix it until the rava become thick. 
  4. Add  ghee. 
  5. Decorate with cashew nuts fried in ghee
  6. Serve hot  with curry or chatni

No comments:

Post a Comment