About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Mamidi kaya korumagaya




 
Kolambi Mango


Koru magayi

Ingredients
  •  raw Mangoes (collector variety)    10 (Big  size)
  • sugar                                      1kg
  • Turmeric powder                     3 tbs
  • Jaggery or sugar                                   250 gms.           
  • salt                                         400 gms (depending upon mango size)
  •  Fenugreek                                       2tbs
  • red chili powder                             150 gms        
Procedure
  1. Heat fenugreek on a dry pan and make it into fine powder in a mixi and keep it aside.
  2. Wash, wipe, peel and grate mangoes, keep it in a small bucket.
  3. Add salt, turmeric  mix well. Cover it and keep it one night.
  4. Next day dry it under sun light for 4 to5 days.
  5. Heat half cup water in a thick cooking vessel, add jaggery and cook it till the jaggery become a ball when its small quantity put in water. 
  6. Switch of the stove. kept it aside to cool.
  7. Add fenugreek powder, lal mirchi powder and jaggery to the dried grated mango and mix well. 
  8. Keep it in a tight lid vessel (preferably china clay or glass)


No comments:

Post a Comment