About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sambar vada

Ingredients
  • Black Gram      100gms
  • Salt to taste
  • oil for deep fry
  • Sambar             1 litre
Procedure


Vada 
  1. Soak black gram minimum 1 hour in water. Drain water and grind it to thick batter. (donot add water while grinding). 
  2. Add salt and mix well
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan. 
  4. Take a thick polythene paper and rub it with little water on it.
  5. Take little batter with watery hand, place  it on  polythene and slightly press with watery hand,  release it in heated oil. Fry both sides.
  6. Fry till the vada becomes light brown.
Sambar


For preparation of sambar visit the label "Delicious Sambar" in the blog.
  1. After preparation of sambar, dip the prepared vadas in the hot sambar.
  2. Soak the vada to remain until they become soft. Minimum half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment