About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday 15 September 2011

Drum Stick Rasam

Ingredients:
  • Drumsticks            3 pieces
  • Til seeds                2 tsp
  • Grated coconut      3 tsp
  • Rice flour               2 tsp
  • Red chili powder   1 tsp
  • Garlic cloves          3
  • Salt to taste
For seasoning

Mustard seeds                ½  spoon
Cumin seeds                    ¼  tsp                       4
Curry leaves

Procedure :
  1. Peel, wash and cut drumsticks into 4 inches pieces.
  2. Grind til seeds, grated coconut, little salt, chilli powder  and rice powder into a smooth past adding little water and keep it aside.
  3. Take1spoon of oil in a thick bottom vessel and seasoning with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. 
  4. Add 3 cups of water, drumstick pieces and salt. Mix well.  Cook till the drumstick pieces become soft. 
  5. Add the above paste, mix well and cook for 5 minutes. 
  6. Serve with roti or rice.







No comments:

Post a Comment