About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Friday 28 October 2011

Lemon Rice

Ingredients

  • Cooked plain rice        2 cups
  • Juice of  lemon
  • Green chillies               1 Cut into small pieces)
  • Groundnuts(peanuts)    10 no.
  • Turmeric powder         1/4 tsp
  • Curry leaves
  • Salt  to taste
  • Vegetable Oil -            1 tablespoon
  • Bengal gram dal           1/2 tea spoon
  • black gram Dal            1/2 tea spoon
  • Mustard seeds            1/4 tsp
  • Cumin seeds -            1/4 tsp
  • Asafoetida                  a pinch
  • Sesame powder         3 tsp (Optional: see for preparation  mentioned separately in blog)
Preparation
  • Cook rice adding turmeric powder in water. Keep it to cool.
  • Heat oil in a pan and seasoning with  Peanuts, bengal gram dal, urad dal, mustard seeds cumin seeds and  asafoetida.
  • When the seasoning  becomes brown add green chili and curry leaves, fry for another two minutes. 
  • Add  the seasoning, lemon juice and salt to the cooked rice,  mix well.
  • Add sesame powder (optional)
  • Serve it after 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment