About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday 28 November 2011

Tomato hot chutney

Ingredients:

  • Tomato (good riped)      1 kg.
  • Salt                                100 gms.
  • Tamarind pulp                1/4th. cup 
  • (or)
  • Lemon salt                     3 tsps.         
  • Mustard seeds               2 tsps.
  • Venegar                        1 tsp.
  • (or)
  • Acetic acid                    1 tsp. 
  • SB (sodium benzyte)      1/2 gm.(one pinch) 
  • Oil                                 200 gms.
  • Red chilli powder           100 gms.
  • Fenugreek powder (option)         1 tsps.
  • Turmeric powder            1 tsps.

Procedure:     

  1. Wash tomato and keep them in hot water for 2 minutes. Remove and peel the tomatos.
  2. Grind or mesh  the peeled tomatoes to become a paste.  (if tamarind pulp is used, add the pulp to the paste)
  3. Heat oil in  a thick  bottom vessel and seasoning with mustard seeds.
  4. Add the tomato paste in oil and cook till the oil visibly comes out of the tomato paste.
  5. Remove from stove and (if lemon salt is used instead of tamarind pulp, add lemon salt)
  6. Add  turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, fenugreek powder, venegar or acetic acid and SB powder.
  7. Serve with hot rice, snacks, with breakfast tiffins  and roti etc.,
NOTE: If  SB powder is available and used, the chutney will remain for a long time. Otherwise, keep it in the refrigerator within a period of 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment