About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Sunday 27 November 2011

Lemon pickle without oil

 Ingredients:
  •  lemons                              6 Big size  (12 Indian lemons as they are much smaller)
  •  salt                                   1/2 cup         
  •  red chilli powder               1/4 cup
  •  sugar (option)                   1/2 cup  
  •  turmeric powder               1tsp         
  •  methi seeds powder          1 tsp
  •  hing powder  ( option )      1/4 tsp
  •  Juice of  lemon                  1 (3 lemons in India) (additional lemons)
  •  Large glass jar                   approx 2 litres in volume
Procedure: 

  1. Cut each lemon into 8 pieces.(more pieces in case of big lemons)
  2. Take a glass jar (preferably) or plastic jar. 
  3. Fill the jar with some lemon pieces, lemon juice and then add some salt, turmeric powder.
  4. Again add remainig  lemon pieces and salt. Mix well. 
  5. Keep it for 7 days. (minimum), when the lemon pieces will become soft, add red chilli powder, methi powder and hing powder and mix well.
  6. Keep it for one day and serve with hot rice or roti

No comments:

Post a Comment