About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 20 March 2012

cucumber katta meeta chtni

Ingredients 
  • Cucumber                            1 (cut into very small pieces)
  • Sesame Seeds(white)           2 tsp
  • Salt                                      1tsp
  • Tamarind pulp                      3tsp
  • Turmeric                              1 pinch
  • Jaggery  as same as tamarind pulp
  • Red chillie                             1

For seasoning
  • Oil                         1 tsp
  • Mustard seeds        ½  spoon
  • Cumin seeds           ¼  tsp
  • Curry leaves
Preparation
  1. Wash cucumber and cut into to small pieces and take them in a bowl. Add 1 spoon salt , mix well and keep it for 10 minutes. Remove the water by squeezing cucumber pieces. Repeat the process by adding  1 spoon salt again
  2. Now take til seeds, red chillie, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, jaggery  in mixer grinder jar and make it to fine paste by adding little water.
  3. Add this paste to cucumber pieces and mix well. Seasoning with Mustard seeds,Cuminseeds and curry leaves.
  4. Serve with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment