About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Janthikalu or sannam karampusa


Ingredients:

  • Besan                  4 cups (chana daal flour)
  • Rice flour             2 tsp
  • Chilli powder       1tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for frying

Procedure:

  1. Take all ingredients in a bowl and mix with sufficient  water to make soft dough. 
  2. Allow it tosettle for 15 minutes
  3. Heat oil in a frying pan
  4. Take little dough in janthikalagottamu
  5. Press the dough from the janthikilagottam from both ends into the heated oil, so that the dough will come out and  allowed to form  in a round shape
  6. Fry it till it becomes  light brown and reverse for 3 minutes
  7. Remove from oil.
  8. Keep it in an air tight container.
  9. Best for use within ten days.



CAUTION: THE DOUGH IS TO BE PREPARED SO THAT IT COMES OUT EASILY FROM THE JANTHIKILAGOTTAM WHEN PRESSED OVER THE HEATED OIL.






No comments:

Post a Comment