About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Dohi Khadi [majjiga or challa (butter milk) pulusu]

Ingredients


  • butter milk:                1/2 ltr
  • chilies:                      4( chopped)
  • Bengal gram dal flour: 2 tbsp
  • turmeric powder:       1/4 tsp
  • brinjal small size         1(cut in to pieces)
  • lady finger                 4 (cut in to pieces)
  • drumstick                  1 (cut in to pieces)
  • salt: to taste

  • oil:             2 tbsp
  • garlic         5cloves
  • red chilies: 2
  • cumin:      1/2 tsp
  • mustard:    1/2 tsp
  • curry leaves


Procedure
  1. Take butter milk in a cooking vessel , add Bengal dal flour, turmeric, vegetable pieces and mix well.
  2. Take a thick bottom vessel ,heat oil and  tampering with
     mustard seeds,garlic, cumin seeds, red chilly, green chilly and curry leaves.
  3. Now add buttermilk and cook in a low flame till the vegetables become soft .
  4. Add salt and mix well.
  5. Serve with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment