About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Coconut Roti


Ingredients:

1.  Rice flour                :  3 cups
2.  Grated coconut       : 1 cup
3.  Green chilly paste    : 1 tbs
4.  Salt to taste
5.  Oil

Procedure:
  • Take rice flour in a bowl. 
  • Add grated coconut, chilly paste, salt together.  Mix well.
  • By adding boiled water little by little, make the mixture into a dough (like chapati dough)
  • Allow it to settle for 10 minutes min.
  • Make the dough into  equal balls. 
  • Take each ball and press it in a  oiled polythene paper into a round shape as shown in the pic.
  • Heat a tavva, apply little oil and fry the above pressed ball  until it becomes  golden brown on both sides.
  • Serve it with chutney, curry or ketch up.




No comments:

Post a Comment