About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Patoli

ingredints

  1.  moong dal  or channa dal    1 cup (soaked in water for 2 hours 
  2.  big onion chopped              1
  3.  green chillis                         2 slit length wise
  4.  curry leaves          
  5.  mustard seeds                     1/ 2 tsp                 
  6.  urad dal                              1 tsp  (minapappu,black gram)
  7.  jeera/cumin                         1/2  tsp
  8.  ginger                                  1" piece              
  9.  turmeric                               1pinch
  10.  salt to taste

Procedure

  • Grind the soaked channa dal  or moong dal with ginger,1 tsp cumin seeds and salt to a coarse texture adding little water.
  • Heat 5 tsp oil in a thick based cooking vessel and seasoning with red chillis, urad dal, mustard, cumin and green chilis..
  • Now add  curry leaves  and onions and fry till onion become light brown..
  • Now add the dal batter, turmeric and salt , mix well. 
  • Fry it for 10-12 minutes. till the paste become dry.
  • Now the patoli is ready to serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment