About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday 13 June 2012

chatt




INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup dried yellow peas
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1" ginger
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 4 green chillies
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala
  • Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
  • Salt to taste
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tbsp oil

PROCEDURE
  1. Soak the dried peas overnight in water.
  2. Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces. 
  3. In a pressure cooker, cook the peas and the potatoes with 2 cups of water.
  4. Grind the onion, garlic, ginger to a fine paste.
  5.  Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. when the seeds begin to splutter, add onion pieces. let the onions saute.
  6. Add the onion-garlic paste, fry till the paste and the oil separates. 
  7. Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and tomatoes and mix well.
  8. Add the boiled peas , potatoes and suffiecient water mix well and cook for 10 minutes.  Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti
CHAAT

Take2 cups of  guguni in a  bowl add 1cup karampoosa or sev , dice  onion, tomato, green chilies, tomoto sauce, coriander/cilantro leaves, chat masala, little salt.. Add everything to a large bowl and mix throughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment