About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

MANGO DAL (Mamidi kaya pappu)



Ingredints

  •  Toor dal//kandi pappu   1 cup
  •  peeled and chopped raw mango pieces(sour)                  1/2cup
  •  pinch turmeric powder
  •  green chillies                2to3 
  •  salt to taste


For seasoning
  • mustard seeds   1/2tbsp
  •  cumin seeds     1/2tbsp
  •  garlic cloves      6
  •  dry red chilies   2
  •  green chillies     2
  •  fresh curry leaves , 
  • oil                     2tsp

 Procedure
  1. Cook Dal adding 3cups of  water in a pressure cooker.  ( cook upto 3 whistles)
  2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom  vessel, add mustard seeds and  cumin seeds, garlic, red chillies and curry leaves and  fry for half a minute.
    1. Add this to the  cooked dal along with salt , mango pieces,turmeric powder. Cook on medium flame  till mango pieces become soft. Take with rice or roti.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment