About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Friday 10 June 2011

Brinjal Onion Masala (muvvankaya)



q
Ingredients
  • Baby Brinjals                 8 ( small size slit in to four half  way
  •  Medium size Onions     4 ( cut into pieces)
  • Ginger                         small piece
  • Garlic                          1
  • Chili powder                 1 tsp
  •  Salt to taste  
  • oil                                4tsp
    Procedure
  1.  wash and slit Brinjals  in to half  4 way,  and keep them  aside in water.
  2. Half grind onion, ginger, garlic,chili powder and salt together in a micxer grinder. Stuff the Brnjals (like in the 1st picture) with the above paste.
  3. Heat oil in a pan and add stuffed brinjals.
  4. Cover with a lid and cook until brinjals become soft.
  5. Remove the lid and Fry till they become light brown. Add the remain onion masala and fry again for 5 minutes.
  6. Serve with rice or roti.  

No comments:

Post a Comment