About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Saturday 26 November 2011

Brinjal_Potato sour curry (with tamarind pulp)

Ingredients:
  • Brinjal                         1/2 kg. washed and cut into small pieces
  • Potato                         1/4kg. peeled (optional), washed and cut into small pieces 
  • Tamarind pulp              Half cup
  • Turmeric powder          pinch
  • Salt to taste
For seasoning 
  • Mustard seeds                 ½  spoon
  • Cumin seeds                    ¼  tsp
  • Green chili                       4
  • Red chilli                         2
  • Curry leaves 
  • Oil                                   2 tsps
Procedure:
  1. Take all ingredients in a pressure cooker  and cook for 2 whistles.
  2. Remove from the pressure cooker.  Mesh brinjal slightly.
  3. Take oil in a cooking vessel and seasoning with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillis,green chillis, curry leaves 
  4. Add  the cooked curry with the seasoning and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. 
  5. Serve with hot rice.

1 comment: