About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Bottle gourd dal (aanapakaya kandhipappu )

Ingredients:
  • Red Gram dal        
  • ( Kandhi pappu)              1/2 cup
  • Bottle gourd small pieces
  • ( Peal and cut }               1 cup 
  • Turmeric                         1 pinch
  • Tamarind  Juice               3 tsp
  • Tomato (cut into pieces)  1                      
  • Salt to taste
For seasoning
  • Mustard seeds                 ½  spoon
  • Cumin seeds                    ¼  tsp
  • Green chili                        4
  • Red chilli                          2
  • Curry leaves
  • Oil                                   1tsp
Procedure        
                          
  1. Take red gram dal and bottle gourd pieces, tomato pieces in a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water. 
  2. Cook it for 2 whistles. Allow cooker to cool and remove cooker lid. Mesh dal gently.
  3. Add salt and turmeric powder and tamarind juice, mix well and cook it for 5 minutes.
  4. Seasoning the dal with above ingredients.
  5. Serve with Rice or  Roti.

No comments:

Post a Comment