About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday 12 July 2012

Brinjal



INGREDIENTS

  • Brinjal (big size)        1( cut into round pieces)
  • Red chili powder       1 tsp
  • Rice flour                     3tsp
  • Til seeds                        1tsp
  • Salt to taste 
  • Turmeric  powder     pinch
  • Oil                                  3tsp   

Procedure       

  1. Take red chili powder, rice flour, til seeds, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl, mix well.
  2.  Make it into a medium thick past by adding  little  water. 
  3.  Heat a pan add a little oil on it. Take one brinjal piece and dip it in the rice flour paste.
  4.  Put it on the heat heat pan and cook it on low  both sides till its colour becomes light brown. (you can cook 2 to 3 pieces at a time on the pan )
  5. Serve with rice or roti


( Don't make this with cold eggplant. Make sure it has reached room temperature before trying out the rest of the steps. Else it will not roast well )
        



No comments:

Post a Comment