About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Black Eyed Peas Rice Ravva Upma

Cooked black eyed peas 
 Black Eyed Peas 

Ingredients

  • Rice Ravva 2 cups
  • cooked black eyed peas   1/2 cup
  • Water                              5 cups
  • Salt to taste 
For seasoning 
  • Mustard seeds                 ½  spoon
  • Cumin seeds                    ¼  tsp
  • Green chili                       4
  • Red chilli                         2
  • Curry leaves 
  • Oil                                   2tsp
Procedure

  1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel, seasoning with above and add water.
  2.  When water starts boiling add rice ravva, cooked black eyed peas and salt. Mix well for 2 minutes.
  3.  Cover with a lid and cook on low flame till the ravva becomes soft. 
  4. Serve after 10 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment