About Me

Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Over the last few decades I've spent a number of hours cooking for my family of 5. My husband is a retired bank Manager and my 3 boys are IIT graduates. Now I'm sharing my knowledge and thoughts to the world through this site. Whether you are a busy mom or a student learning to cook, you will find this blog helpful for cooking simple and easy to make food for yourself and the whole family. Hope you enjoy my recipe blog! I also love listening to devotional songs. Please browse through my devotional blogs to know more about them. I am always looking for ways to improve my blogs. Please leave your comments. If you like to see recipe of any particular dish or lyrics of a devotional song, please also let me know. Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Chikkudukaya (Indian Broad Beans), Tamato Curry



INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 kg chikkudukaya/  tear each into two pieces
  • 2 medium onions, finely chopped
  • 1 slit green chilli
  • 2 tomatoes finely chopped
  • pinch of  turmeric
  • 1 tsp red chilli powder
  • pinch of garam masala pwd (optional)
  • 1 1/2 tsp grated coconut (optional)
  • salt to taste
  • fresh coriander leaves for garnish
For seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
  • 2 dry red chilli
  • 6  garlic cloves
  • few curry leaves
  • 1 tbsp oil
PROCEDURE

1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel,  seasoning with cumin and mustard and  garlic, add curry leaves, stir fry for a few seconds.
2.  Add the slit green chilli and onions ,let the onions  saute . Add turmeric and tomatoes and saute further for 2 minutes. Add chilli powder, mix well and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
3.  Now add the  beans  and salt . Add little water and let it cook covered on medium heat  till the beans are become soft.

4 .Add  garam masala powder and mix well,  turn off heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.

No comments:

Post a Comment